- Variety: Montepulciano 100%.
- Vineyard: Castorani, within the estate, in the Municipal district of Alanno.
- Training System: traditional overhead trellis system “pergola” of Abruzzo region.
- Soil: Deep clay soils rich of underground rocks.
- Harvest: By hand at the beginning of November, accurate grape selection.
- Vinification: Fermentation in concrete tank with manual pump over, extended maceration.
- Malolactic fermentation: Completed during skins maceration.
- Ageing: 12 months “sur lies” in oaks barrels and next 6 months in concrete tank.
- Bottle Ageing: Over 15 months.
- Alcohol volume: 14.5%
- Colour: Deep garnet red, with ruby tones.
- Aroma: Spicy liquorice, small forest fruit, notes of vanilla and chocolate.
- Taste: Full and rich bodied, with silky and elegant tannins, very persistent, with notes of mature red fruits and tobacco.