- Variety: Montepulciano 100%.
- Vineyard: Castorani, within the estate, in the Municipal district of Alanno.
- Training System: traditional overhead trellis system “pergola” of Abruzzo region.
- Soil: Deep clay soils with a rich texture
- Harvest: By hand in October, accurate grape selection.
- Vinification: Fermentation with skins at 30 degrees Celsius frequent pump over, and maceration for over 40 days in concrete tanks.
- Malolactic Fermentation: during maceration with skins.
- Ageing: 12 months in oak barrels “sur lies”.
- Bottle Ageing: over 6 months
- Alcohol Volume: 14%
- Colour: Deep ruby red
- Aroma: Concentrated, spicy liquorice, aromas of small forest fruits, with light hints of pepper, vanilla and chocolate
- Taste: Very structured to the palate, full bodied and rich, with harmonious and elegant tannins. Long after taste finish, intense persistence, with notes of preserved fruits and spices.